New duplexer installed

On Apr 2, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Jeremy Prine <kc7vcg@47repeater.com> wrote:

The trip up the hill went pretty well.  We installed the new duplexer and removed the old one. To see the new duplexer along with the old one click here to go to the update in pictures page.  We tested the old one to see how much signal it took to open the squelch on the repeater before removing it and took .5 microvolts.  After installing the new one did the same test and it took only .22 microvolts.  That’s a cut in half roughly of signal to open the squelch!  So I will be testing the old duplexer to see what happened if it got out of tune or damaged somehow.

We also tested the cat5 lines that are connected to the Hamwan in the building next to us.  They passed with flying colors to get our EchoLink node on the hill instead of relying on a RF link into town.

We measured for the remaining feedline jumpers from the polyphasers to the cabinets so they can be put together down here in spare time.

Looked at what needed to be done to get the APRS Digipeater back on the air and will be getting that projects logistics in line for a trip in the near future.

We will be doing some extensive antenna testing in the near future that will involve climbing the tower and testing feedlines, antennas, and jumpers individually.  When we look at the antennas with a antenna analyzer from the ground things just don’t look 100% and can’t determine why.

 

Thanks for everyone’s support and patience while we work threw our projects!

Jeremy Prine    KC7VCG

Board member of the Capitol Peak Repeater Group