Latest update 2-2-2017

So as some have probably heard I was able to make a trip up the hill Wednesday to install our backup repeater.  It has already help guide us in the correct direction in figuring out the receiver problem on the main repeater.  It seems that the duplexer filter system is not doing its job to its full potential.  this is probably because of the cabinet move and not being tested or adjusted for 20+ years.  We figured this out because the back up system is on its own duplexer and antenna system, we are able to change to the backup system when the problem is there.  We did that last night and the noise disappeared instantly when switched to the backup.
The plan of action is to retune the filters and see how far out of adjustment they really are.  If that doesn’t improve the problem we will borrow a different kind of duplexer and install it to see what the result is.  Finding this issue does not rule out that there is possibly a “rouge” station on the hill producing the interference and that no matter how good of filter system we have it will filter the interference out completely.  We are hoping to fix our issue and find the interference at the same time with out having to purchase a new filter system (very expensive).